What is BFR (Blood Flow Restriction) Therapy?
- Blood Flow Restriction is a technique which helps improve muscular growth, muscle repair, and aerobic capacity in combination with resistance and aerobic exercises.
- BFR allows the body to respond to low intensity exercise as if it were moderate-to-high intensity exercise.
- BFR is customized to each individual.
Who can benefit from BFR Therapy?
- Athletes who wish to train with lower intensities due to injuries
- Post-Surgical patients looking to rebuild muscle strength at a quicker rate
- Geriatric patients who would like to reverse deconditioning
- Individuals recovering from a rotator cuff injury, an ACL injury, or total joint replacement such as shoulder, hip or knee
Potential benefits of BFR Therapy:
- Increased muscle strength
- Increased aerobic capacity
- Decreased pain and stiffness
BFR Therapy is a new technique being utilized in professional sports and military training facilities to improve recovery times, reduce stress to athletes, minimize treatment times. If you think you may be able to benefit from BFR feel free to contact us!